W.O. Stinson carries a wide variety of blasting media including sand, black shot, glass bead, aluminum oxide, and steel shot.
Jetmag Blasting Media
Jetmag sinters in a rotary kiln at 2300 degrees Fahrenheit to produce a synthetic olivine abrasive media, a compound of the magnesium family. The sintering process results in a jagged glazed grain with a smooth surface, called Jetmag, which does not shatter on impact likel silica sand or slag grit media does.
Jetmag special characteristics are the following:
- Less Jetmag is required for a given job.
- Jetmag increases productivity (by allowing a more rapid cleaning).
- Jetmag generates less dust and is environmentally friendly (it’s silica safe contains less than 1 percent free silica).
- Jetmag is recyclable minimum 3 – 4 times with a recycling system.
- Jetmag will reduce your dumping charge
Glass beads create a softer, brighter finish than angular abrasives. They offer a silica-free option for shot blasting, peening, honing, cleaning and light deburring.
Steel Shot is ideal for peening applications to have a clean, smooth, polished finish.